You have no items in your shopping cart.
If you're looking for softer, brighter skin, and for a natural solution to acne, then Chamomile Extract might just be your next best solution.
Chamomile extract has been used to treat skin conditions like acne, inflammation, hyperpigmentation, and rashes for centuries. So, while we may have limited our chamomile consumption to a soothing nighttime tea, it can actually be used to treat several uncomfortable or undesirable skin conditions. What’s even more so, is that we don’t even reap all of chamomile’s benefits by reducing it to a relieving cup of tea. It’s really when we apply the extract from chamomile flowers topically, that we extract all of its health and healing benefits.
What is chamomile flower extract?
Chamomile flower, like the daisy, is a part of the Asteraceae family. In ancient Egypt, chamomile was sacred to the sun god Ra, and praised over all other flowers, an in ancient Greece it was prescribed as a remedy for a variety of ailments. German chamomile and Roman chamomile are the two most common chamomile varieties consumed and used today. When ingested, it can be used to soothe stomach ailments, headaches, anxiety, sleeplessness and stress. Chamomiles' sedative, antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, anti-allergen, antibacterial and antifungal properties make it easy to understand why it’s lasted as a natural remedy throughout time.
How Chamomile Flower Extract can Improve Your Skin
Besides working wonders on our entire body, when applied topically, chamomile extract can work it’s magic on our skin and face.
- Treats and prevents Acne- If you’ve recently experienced one of those flare-up moments, where your skin breaks out in acne, chamomile extract should be your go-to treatment. It will not only soothe inflammation, but it will dry up and clear out the pimples that may have formed on the surface of your skin. Chamomile is also very gentle, and won't be too abrasive as it cleanses the skin from bacteria and dirt.
- Treats Hyperpigmentation and dark spots- many of us experience hyperpigmentation, or dark spots on the skin, where we’ve had scarring, acne, bug bites or wounds. The chemical composition of chamomile has been known to reduce dark spots and heal wounds on the surface of the skin.
- Relieves skin ailments like Eczema, Psoriasis and Rosacea- the flavonoids present in chamomile flowers deeply penetrates the skin, past the surface layers, reducing swelling, redness and dryness that appear on the skin’s surface during most skin ailments. It also helps the skin absorb other beneficial ingredients, making it an incredibly beneficial and useful ingredient when used alongside other essential oils and skin healing ingredients.
- Fights against free radicals- The polyphenols found in chamomile extract protects our skin against environmental toxins, and reduces skin damage from the sun and pollutants in the air.
- Anti Aging and Pore tightening benefits- the antioxidants in chamomile have the power to prevent premature signs of aging in the skin and can also tighten the pores, reducing chances of blackheads, and whiteheads from appearing on the skin.
- Anticancer effects- studies have found that chamomile has the power to slow down and inhibit the growth of cancer cells. Imagine, a tiny flower, as modest as chamomile can actually have the power to inhibit cancer cell growth, that’s truly amazing stuff!
- Wound healing and soothes sunburns- the high levels of α-bisabolol and apigenin heals the damaged tissue, cleanses the wound and soothes the discomfort. It can hasten cell regeneration, accelerating the skin healing process, whether it be from sun damage or skin abrasions.
Final Thoughts on Chamomile Extract and Skin benefits
Chamomile is a wonderfully versatile flower. It soothes, cleanses and heals our skin ailments, just as it can soothe, cleanse and heal our stomach, or nerve ailments. If you’re looking for safe and effective creams that use chamomile as their most valued ingredient, go for Vonetta Cosmetics’ Chamomile Cream Cleanser, which yup, you guessed it, will both moisturize and cleanse your entire face so that it’s free of free radicals, dirt, debris, dark spots and pimples. Sounds like we’ve leapt that much closer to glowing, radiant skin!
Have you been trying to fight off acne or dark spots? What natural remedies have you found to be most effective?